Established 1838

PETER KAISER, the oldest shoe factory in Europe manufactures ladies' shoes for more than  175 years. Women worldwide are captured by our collections, which stand out due to the premium materials, highest quality, and outstanding fit. In our headquarters in Pirmasens we continuously develop products, which successfully reflect and interpret the zeitgeist. We remain classic but unique. Passion, excellence, craftsmanship, „modern classic design“ with love for detail – this is what PETER KAISER stands for since 1838.

Travel through time with Peter Kaiser

2013

  

PETER KAISER celebrates its 175th anniversary.

2011

  

Relaunch of the brand,  development of the new CI,
freshen-up and modernisation of
collection/brand image.

2005

  

The limited edition Peter Kaiser Champions-Line
Pumps won the German Schuh- und Lederwaren Award.

2004

     

Purchase of an own factory in Portugal.

1995

  

Visit from the Federal President Roman Herzog
to Peter Kaiser Schuhfabrik.

1990

  

Peter Kaiser implements a computer-assisted
system in its production plant.

1988

  

PETER KAISER celebrates its 150th anniversary.

1979

  

IBM makes a video about electronic data-reading

1970

  

Development of container types
for shipment from Pirmasens to New York –
"Containerbrücke".

1963

  

PETER KAISER celebrates its 125th anniversary.

1952

  

Acquisition of the present factory premises.

1948

  

The roof timbering of the factory was destroyed by an incendiary bomb.                                                                                           It was repaired with the help of some workers.

1944

   

The production could start again.
The first shoes were finished on October 21st, 1948.
The sales began again with seven new sales agents.

1939

Once the war started Pirmasens was declared to be war zone because of its proximity to the front and evacuated.
The factory moved to Backnang/Württ.

1913

 

PETER KAISER becomes a registered limited liability company
(GmbH).

1913

 
 

On May 10, 1913, Prince Ludwig of Bavaria visited the city and our then main factory in the city center of Pirmasens.

1912

A brochure with offers appears in a grey cover with the golden, double headed eagle of the PETER KAISER logo.

1909

Registration of a trademark at the imperial patent office.

1908

PETER KAISER celebrates its 70th anniversary.

1905

  

Our production premises on Schlosstraße.

1900

The quilting room is equipped with Pfaff quilting machines class 52 and Pfaff power plants.

1863

  

The oldest datable
PETER KAISER shoe.

1838

  

The businessman Peter Kaiser established in 1838
the shoe factory in Pirmasens, back than
the core of the German shoe industry.